MasterCard Sr. Engineer, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr. Engineer, Software Engineering
• Customer Program team is a shared components engineering group that provides cloud native API solutions to service various customer facing experiences and business processes.
• Senior Engineer, Software Engineering position will be responsible for leading the System Resiliency Engineering function to enable, protect, and restore service functionality throughout delivery cycle and while in run mode.
• This position requires a thorough knowledge of what it takes to develop Scalable, Resilient, highly responsive and high performance applications from the ground up, also able to take existing applications and make them cloud deployable (Both Private and Public cloud)
• Responsible for assuring the daily activities of the team meet the requirements of SLA’s.
• Do you have agile experience, have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, and are you adaptive to change?
• Do you consider yourself to be an innovator, and do you enjoy using new technologies to drive innovation?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
Roles and Responsibilities
• Senior Engineer, Software Engineering position will successfully lead resiliency and support activities within the individual service function, and across the Customer Program horizontal. Support day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs). Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional area of expertise.
• Develop overall business operations plan and create architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps. As recognized subject matter expert, lead planning, design and implementation of technical solutions. Create solution definition and solution architecture. Assist Management in Business Case Development and Scenario Planning leading to an effective decision making process. Make presentations to the Management, Business Owners and other Stakeholders.
• Identify Quality methodology and define Quality Metrics for the Team. Define and Lead Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department.
• Lead Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Architecture Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards. Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC.
• Successfully lead production incident and problem management, identification of root cause and remediation of the problems. Mentor, coach and assist project team members.
• Ensure compliance to the defined standards. Actively look for opportunities to modify and enhance standards per the needs of the department. Develop documentation templates, lead and enforce development of documentation throughout the development lifecycle of the solution.
• Ensure compliance of Audit Requirements by proactively educating team on Compliance Requirements and Integrating Compliance Requirements in SDLC. Represent team during Compliance Audits.
All About You
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong relationship, collaborative and organization skills.
• Full stack software support background
• Experience with CICD, and infrastructure and platform automation
• Strong working experience on cloud platforms like Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure
• Knowledge on containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
• Hands on experience in caching technologies like EhCache, H2, Radius and GemFire
• Strong working experience on using performance monitoring tools like Splunk and Dynatrace
• Ability to debug server side API calls, and contribute to the design of best-practice RESTful APIs
• Strong programming skills with hands on experience in Java/ J2EE technologies, tools and frameworks
• In-depth working experience in developing micro-services using Spring-boot, Spring cloud and Spring REST data, JPA technologies
The following All About Us paragraph will appear at the top of each Job Posting for MasterCard.
All About Us
MasterCard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment.
Join the industry’s most passionate, motivated & engaged global team - Our employees are encouraged to drive innovation every day in support of a more connected world – A World Beyond Cash.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-67587