MasterCard Sr. Consultant, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Sr. Consultant, Software Engineering
Leads major projects and delivers quality software solutions in a timely and cost effective manner. Researches and recommends alternative technical solutions for changing business needs. Responsible for assuring the daily activities of the team meet the requirements of SLA’s in addition to aligning organizational and enterprise strategies.
• Successfully lead definition, development and delivery of major cross-department initiatives with broad scope and long-term business implications. Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, quantify costs, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints. Partner with business to identify innovative solutions and drive strategic decisions. Develop business case in alignment with the MasterCard objectives. Lead scenario planning process and creation, validation and review of estimates, costs and benefits. Actively look for opportunities for Innovation and creative problem solving. Make presentations to the Senior Management, Business Owners and other Stakeholders and help them in decision making process.
• Perform Proofs of Concept (PoCs) to assess and identify the technologies per the needs of the organization. Provide recommendation to Senior Management on selection of technologies and strategic technical direction for the department. Lead creation of roadmaps that align with the department strategy and long term business vision and objectives. Coach and mentor team members, enable knowledge sharing via brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks.
• Lead implementation of processes and supporting tools per the evolving needs of the organization. Identifying process gaps, provide estimates for business solutions, define the initial scope/requirements of the project and manage the scope during the lifecycle of the project. Plan overall project scope and define scope for each phase and iteration to meet business needs/time-to-market needs.
• Provide integration design and guidance to business partners for external party (merger or vendor) integrations with the rewards platform, ensuring security policies are properly enforced and technological due diligence is performed.
• Instruct and guide the team to ensure that appropriate processes and documentation is in use by the team. Ensure compliance to the defined standards. Actively look for opportunities to modify and enhance standards per the needs of the department. Develop documentation templates, lead and enforce development of artifacts throughout the solution development lifecycle.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Extensive understanding of and experience with Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies.
• Demonstrate MC Core Competencies.
• Proven ability to embody MC Leadership Principles.
• Proven capacity to lead and influence matrix based project team members and work as a member of a diverse and geographically distributed team.
• Experience working with legal and compliance teams to ensure 3rd party contracts protect MasterCard interests.
• Experience constructing service level agreements to be used with 3rd parties and clients.
• Experience integrating systems within a service oriented architecture and e-commerce platforms.
• Knowledge of design and security patterns coupled with an ability to persuade and assist in development. The applicant must have experience integrating technologies with SAML and OAuth tokens.
• Experience developing, designing, and operating global systems supporting multiple languages and currencies.
• Experience integrating web services with best in class platforms such as Layer 7 and Data Power.
• Experience building de-coupled systems using technologies such as message queues, No-SQL data storage, etc.
• Experience implementing complicated projects and systems using agile methodologies.
• Must be politically savvy, high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment. Possess the ability to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Demonstrate ability to organize, manage, plan and control several concurrent initiatives with conflicting needs.
• Ability to balance time between strategic thought and self-embedding with teams performing development, testing, and operational work. This ability is critical in leading the organization and innovating while also remaining in touch with reality.
• Must display strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and leadership and relationship skills with ability to influence others without having direct authority.
• Proven ability to sell solutions, persuade cross-functional group, garner support for solutions and bring group to a consensus and strong ability in collection and formulation of data, development of Metrics and dashboard reporting.
• Design and database scripting for RDBMS such as Oracle and SQL Server.
• Design and development using cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services and Windows Azure.
• Design and development of enterprise web services using both SOAP and REST.
• Ability to communicate designs and integration plans using diagraming software such as Visio.
• Design and development of batch processes.
• In support of 3rd party integration activity and working with a global workforce, travel up to 10-20% may be required.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-70062