MasterCard Software Development Engineer II in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Job Posting Title
Software Development Engineer II
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Do you have what it takes to technically own a product and drive a solution to market?
• Are you motivated to be a part of a high performing team delivering solutions with agility?
• Design & develop a world class application
• Innovate new technologies in the payments space
• May manage smaller project/initiatives as an experienced individual contributor with specialized knowledge within assigned discipline
• Creates documentation such as user guides and software development guides for moderately-complex projects
• Assists team members in the development of applications, components, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions
• Significant code development, code review and day-to-day support duties
All About You
• Experience working in an agile environment and actively contributing to discussions at retrospectives/elaboration sessions.
• Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON/SOAP based APIs with Java preferred
• Knowledge of cloud native development such as cloud foundry, AWS, etc.
• At least four year degree in a related field (or certifications and comparable experience)
• Exposure to multiple types of coding
• Able to guide less experienced team members
• Spring Boot, Git, and CI/CD experience such as Jenkins preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121536