MasterCard SOC Monitoring and Response Analyst I in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
SOC Monitoring and Response Analyst I
The Security Operations Center (SOC) is a high-performance team in charge of physical and cyber security initial threat detection, triage and response.
Through use of advanced monitoring and detection capabilities, with cutting edge security tools, the SOC can quickly respond to a diverse set of physical and cyber events. Use of advanced cyber and physical security tools, such as intrusion prevention systems, threat monitoring, wireless security monitoring, malware detection, data loss prevention, SIEM tools, high risk travel, and internal and perimeter controls.
• Are you passionate about Security?
• Do you operate with a sense of urgency?
• Can you quickly learn new technology and software?
• Demonstrate ability to support security functions within SOC, such as SIEM, Firewalls, IDS/ IPS, DLP, email protection, anti-virus, malware analysis, Cloud Security, etc.
• Utilize various security technologies to identify alerts, prioritize and investigate security issues in a fast-paced environment
• Create dashboards and reports to support internal security audits
• Work with various business units and application owners to resolve security issues and vulnerabilities
• Remains on the cutting edge of physical and cyber threats, exploits and vulnerabilities.
• Provide proactive feedback to senior personnel and management as required.
All About You
• Experience in cyber security.
• Experience with Cloud Security: Azure Sentinel, AWS, Splunk Cloud
• Solid understanding of cyber security concepts
• Possess a security and analytical mindset, where the goal of triage and investigation is to determine why something occurred and whether it was expected in the environment.
• Understands networking fundamentals: ports, protocols, and infrastructure setup
• Solid technical background on operating systems such as Windows, UNIX, and Linux (preferred)
• Scripting and programming experience a plus
• BS Degree in Information Systems and/or Cyber Security or equivalent combination of experience and formal education
• Security Certifications preferred or willingness to obtain one such as Security+, CYSA or CISSP.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-119895