MasterCard Senior Specialist, Product Operations, Customer Support Engineer - HomeSend / Payments Processing in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Specialist, Product Operations, Customer Support Engineer - HomeSend / Payments Processing
HomeSend is a joint venture created by Mastercard, Wameja and BICS that enables B2B cross-border and cross-network value transfers through a single connection. It builds on the successful deployment of mobile enabled person-to-person transfers in emerging markets and the digitalization of money transfer services. The HomeSend service innovatively bridges the gap between finance and telecommunication service providers and enables consumers to send money to and from mobile money accounts, payment cards, bank accounts or cash outlets – regardless of their location or that of the recipient.
As part of the HomeSend Customer Support team, the successful candidate will fulfill two main missions:
Provide assistance to HomeSend customers relating to their use of HomeSend services. While the Level 1 team is the first point of contact for customers handling the majority of queries, the Level 2 customer support team members handle the more complex customer cases and provide support and training to the Level 1 team
Provide operational monitoring and support for services provided to our customers
• Provide technical and business-related knowledge to the Level 1 team to help resolve customer queries, this includes knowledge management (documentation)
• Detect possible breakdowns service interruptions to our partners and anticipate potential problems
• Root cause analysis (mature problem, configuration, change management, process)
• Analyze service performance trends
• Escalate to appropriate group a detailed issue tracking (ticket) & status update to logger (requester)
• Process automation capabilities & detect possible heaviness’s procedural improvements
• Resolve customer queries that have been forwarded by the Level 1 team
• Take ownership by coordinating the feedback to the customer where analysis is required from other HomeSend departments
• Perform customer service monitoring value analysis
• Carry out specific research for technical queries both internal and external
• Coordinate minor configuration changes that must be performed by customers
• Monitoring of specific transactional flows
• Participate in monitoring of internal operational processes
• Creation of system generated alarms to anticipate potential partner service interruptions
• Work closely with his/her customer support colleagues and all with other Operations team members for resolving queries and collaborating on specific initiatives. Additionally, there is regular contact with the Finance team relating to specific queries or as part of internal processes.
In addition, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong:
• Leadership – Leadership is demonstrated by actions, accountability and results.
• Communication - Communicate clearly and appropriately
• Problem solving, prioritization
• Organization, time management, work management – Plan and manage your work efficiently
• Customer service orientation
• Data processing
• Ability to work and interact effectively in a multi-cultural team.
• Innovation – Suggest new technologies and/or methods to improve our service and daily jobs
• Teamwork – A good team works as one – locally & globally
• Positive attitude – Positive attitude produces positive results; enjoy what you do
• Customer focus – Our customers are the reason for our existence
• Delivery of outcomes based on HomeSend’s goals.
All About You
• Has studied at higher education level, can learn fast and is willing to reach autonomy rapidly.
• Can manage stressful situations and is willing to maintain an up-to-date knowledge the company's systems, products and procedures.
• Has excellent inter-personal communication skills and can demonstrate a customer-service oriented attitude and a supportive mindset.
• Can display analytical thinking and to provide consultancy and guidance to Customer about specific question
• Has proven experience in a technical/commercial/support position, preferably in a service or financial institution.
• Is familiar with common Information Technology Office tools (MS Excel) and is interested in acquiring more knowledge in this domain.
• Can provide training to newcomers and/or customers.
• Very good knowledge of the English language (verbal and written) and any other language is an asset.
• ITIL – certification is a plus
• Basic knowledge of Linux, Splunk, Jira is a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-113799