MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Software Engineer
Job Overview: Software Development for Mastercard Payment Gateway Services platform.
• Design, code, document, test components/subsystems to a world class standard
• Must work both independently and part of internal & external teams; ensuring that actions are aligned with group/company strategy.
• Must be solution oriented – ultimately find and implement the ‘best fit’ solution to address the requirement on time.
• Perform functional and performance testing of solutions
• Ensure code is easily maintainable and tracked in version control system
• Provide task estimates, level of complexity assessment
• Ensure tasks get executed on time and to required standards
• Pass on knowledge of various technologies to other team members and to other functions
• Willingness to work outside of core hours on an ongoing basis to ensure aggressive deadlines are met and solutions are delivered to the highest standards possible.
• Bachelor’s degree on Computer Science (or related discipline)
• Deep knowledge of software engineering practices and principles.
• Full-Stack experience is preferred
• Strong experience developing applications in the development environment using technology stack such as Java, Spring, Groovy, Grails, GORM, PostgreSQL, NodeJS, AngularJS 2+, BrowserStack, etc.
• Experience in dynamic languages such as PHP, Ruby, NodeJS, etc. is preferable, not required
• Demonstrate ability to work in a fast pace, Agile software development environment having close interaction with technical and product owners
• Experience using SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) is desired
• Agile/XP development experience: Test driven development, weekly delivery, collaborative planning
• Highly experienced in delivering commercial grade software globally
• Has been pro-active in creating better user experience, consumer value proposition
• Understands gaps in knowledge and has ability to source training online
• High energy, can-do attitude, strong desire to succeed
• Strong Analytical and skills
• Strong communication skills
• General office environment
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-67803