MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere, by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team –one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
Supporting the Mastercard Cyber and Security Services program members of this team have an opportunity to build new and extend current fraud prevention services. This exciting area within Mastercard is growing fast and creating cutting edge technologies that prevent fraud across the globe.
This is an agile team that will be balanced across full stack engineering and data engineering. The team will also provide leadership for other teams in using strong architecture and technology delivery practices that create the best solutions.
The Senior Software Development Engineer will play a critical role in creating new products and new functionality.
• Provide detailed technical analysis of product or application hardware and software to ensure that business and functional requirements can be met
• Provide subject matter expertise for assigned project
• Perform analysis of system requirements, elaborate into user stories and acceptance criteria in an Agile methodology format
• Automate build, operate, and run aspects of software.
• Drive integration of services focusing on customer journey and experience
• Hunger for Systems and Technical knowledge – constantly analyzing and innovating new, better approaches to our systems
• Perform demos/acceptance discussions in interacting with Product Owners.
• Drive adoption of technology standards, review coding, test and automation work of team members
• Provide technical guidance to junior team members
• Maintaining thorough unit tests
• Actively work with testers and other engineers to ensure requirements are met and tested from end-to-end
All About You
The ideal candidate would have the following PRIMARY skills:
• Proven experience in technical requirements gathering and documentation
• Advanced in Java development, design patterns, threading, unit testing, debugging and Spring Boot
• Mid-level experience with REST service design and development
• Experience with data analysis
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in a collaborative (Agile) environment
• High degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong relationship, collaborative and organization skills
• Strong SQL skills
• Experience with cloud technologies such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry
• Some experience with Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala
• Comfortable sharing ideas, asking questions and seeking help through tools like Teams or Slack.
The ideal candidate may also possess some of these SECONDARY skills:
• Experience with high performance, high availability transaction processing systems and multi-tiered web applications
• Security experience
• Experience with queueing technologies such as Kafka
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-126991