MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Software Engineer
• We are looking for talented developers for the Continuous Engineering (CE) team with experience in designing Java software for distributed, highly available systems, where system performance is critical.
• The team needs people who have great problem solving and troubleshooting skills. People who can think out-of-the-box addressing problems from different angles. Resourcefulness is key.
• Do you have payments/ecommerce industry experience and looking to try something new in 2021?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Have you mentored professionals of diverse skills and experience?
In this role you will:
• Provide technical expertise for payment applications, which include secure, mission critical transaction processing systems.
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Perform system maintenance, production incident problem management, identification of root cause, remediation of the problems.
• Investigate and troubleshoot customer reported issues and propose solutions which meet customer requirements along with architectural and business requirements.
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing.
• Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards
• Develop a deep understanding of the industry and how it operates.
• Collaborate with team members and internal stakeholders to ensure requirements meet customer needs.
• Mentor and guide less experienced developers.
• Collaborate with Operations to ensure successful production deployment of software.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-122443