MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer-2 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer-2
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Core Configuration Management team is looking for a Lead Technical Program Manager to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Hands-on developer who writes high quality, secure code that is modular, functional and testable.
• Lead the design, implementation, and delivery for engineering efforts spanning 1-2 teams.
• Contribute to all parts of the software’s development including design, development, documentation, and testing.
• Have strong ownership of your team’s software and are deep in the maintenance characteristics, runtime properties and dependencies including hardware, operating system, and build.
• Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures and core computer science concepts.
• Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns.
• Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages such as Java, Python, C++ etc.
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
• Related work experience.
• Experience with XP, TDD and BDD in the software development processes
• Advantage if you have payments expertise and experience/proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), micro-service design, CI/CD, near real-time, scalable fault tolerant platform design, API design, and distributed systems operations in a DevOps model
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-109623