MasterCard Senior Product Manager - Technical in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Product Manager - Technical
• Do you want to fight real crime?
• Do you want to protect payments from fraud attacks?
• Do you want to build something bigger than cookie cutter software?
The Transaction Security team develops new products for Mastercard's Fraud and Security program. We protect personal accounts and card issuers and aim to eradicate credit card fraud. Our goal is to combat criminals who are always trying new ways to steal our security. The Senior Product Manager will play a critical role in creating new product functionality including world-class backend and customer-facing features.
• You will own the working document and vision for one or more features
• You will elicit and decompose business requirements into platform requirements and user stories
• Coordinate internal forums to collect and identify feature-level development opportunities
• Contribute near-term input (quarterly) for the platform product portfolio and roadmap, prioritizing the backlog while defining the acceptance criteria for user stories
• Recommend trade-off decisions on platform product features/depth of features/backlog items
• Use runtime metrics of our services in market as a feedback loop in to the backlog and balances the priorities against new feature requests
• Own and manage product documentation ensuring features and associated documentation are clear and easily consumable by other engineering teams
• Coordinate with interdependent teams on platform product requirements
• Keep close to the design of the user experience
• Continuously monitor feature development at the feature level adjusting throughout implementation as needed
• Review product demo against acceptance criteria for the feature set
• Identify issues that will keep the platform features from delivering on time and/or with the desired requirements and works with internal teams and customer service to identify, classify, and prioritize feature-level customer issue
• Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with exposure to Engineering processes.
• The ability to fully learn the functionality, architecture, dependencies, and runtime properties of the systems involved with your projects. This includes the business requirements and associated use cases, Mastercard customer's experience, Mastercard's back office systems, the technical slack (application/service architecture), interfaces and associated data flows, dependent applications/services, runtime operations (i.e. trouble management/associated support strategies), and maintenance.
• Understands and can explain the business context and the associated customer use cases
• Proficient at grooming user stories, setting entrance/exit criteria and prioritizing a platform product backlog
• Understands the technologies supporting the platform product and are able to hold your own in debates with other PM-Ts, TPMs, SDEs, and SPMs
• Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog to resolve them
• Verbal and written communication is clear and concise
• Improve team processes that accelerate delivery, drive innovation, lower costs, and improve quality
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-127999