MasterCard Senior Engineer, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Engineer, Software Engineering
"Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
• Are you interested in re-defining how MasterCard does online authentication today?
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to stay on cutting edge of technology?
• Purpose of this team is to provide Authentication Technology for online payments.
• Utilize vendor products and custom built solutions to enable business opportunities in a global marketplace.
• Excellent development and analytical skills using Java, J2EE and related technologies.
• Knowledge of Web services and automation testing.
• Good knowledge and be able to learn and implement latest J2EE technologies.
• Develop applications using Java/J2EE technologies.
• Excellent communication skills with strong Agile knowledge.
• Development of Java based applications using Spring, Hibernate, Restful Webservices etc.
• Be able to work with Business/Systems Analysts and Quality Engineers in a behavioral driven development environment.
• Strong knowledge of SQL, RDBMS, Hibernate, Spring is a must.
All About You
• Experience in working on large production systems with high transaction volumes.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and be able to proactively work to prevent a problem.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Experience working with continuous integration tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Chef, Cruise Control etc.
• Experience working with code coverage and health reporting tools such as Sonar.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
• Knowledge of advanced authentication techniques on mobile and web based platforms
• Web Services – REST/XML – Advanced Level.
• J2EE Web Application/Web Services with JBoss & WebSphere.
• Advanced skills and knowledge of Hibernate & Spring.
• Messaging platforms – Advanced
• Experience in cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, PCF is preferred.
• Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems
• Ability to architect and provide technical leadership to large and complex systems
• Experience with a variety of architectural patterns including high performance, high availability transaction processing systems and multi-tiered web applications
• Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system
• Experience specifying hardware/software requirements, and estimating complex IT efforts
• Self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction
The ideal candidate may also possess some of these secondary skills:
• Oracle & PL/SQL o Solaris/UNIX & Red Hat Linux
• Fusion Tools including Jira, Crucible, & Bamboo / Jenkins
• Security Coding Techniques and Tools - Fortify, & OWASP vulnerabilities
• Bitbucket Source Control
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-119585