MasterCard Senior Engineer, Software Engineering in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Engineer, Software Engineering
Supporting the Mastercard Fraud Intelligence services members of this team have an opportunity to build new and extend current fraud prevention services. This exciting area within Mastercard is growing fast and creating cutting edge technologies that prevent fraud across the globe.
This is an agile team that will be balanced across full stack engineering and data engineering. The team will also provide leadership for other teams in using strong architecture and technology delivery practices that create the best solutions.
The Senior Software Engineer will play a critical role in creating new products and new functionality for both backend and consumer facing features.
• Are you interested in re-defining how MasterCard fights the battle against fraud?
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to work on cutting edge, innovative technology?
• Possess the aptitude to quickly learn and contribute to our complex platform
• Provide technical expertise to ensure effective delivery of software capabilities
• Contribute to the planning and development of software solutions
• Perform code reviews of co-worker’s deliverables to ensure best practices
• Provide technical guidance to junior team members
All About You
• Advanced in Java development, design patterns, threading, unit testing, debugging
• Mid-level experience employing agile development strategies and ceremonies
• Experience with data analysis and advanced SQL
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in a collaborative (Agile) environment
• High degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong relationship, collaborative and organization skills
The ideal candidate may also possess some of these SECONDARY skills:
• Experience with high performance, high availability transaction processing systems and multi-tiered web applications
• Security experience
• Experience with Hadoop
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-60829