MasterCard Senior Auditor (IT) in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Auditor (IT)
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Internal Audit department is looking for a Senior IT Auditor to provide independent and objective assurance and advisory services to assess and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of Mastercard’s governance, risk management and internal control processes. This position will be responsible for assisting in planning and executing global IT and operational audits and supporting the department’s integrated risk assessment and plan development.
• Understand the business and technology environment; partner with stakeholders to provide relationship management of the associated risk and control environment
• Maintain the audit universe, contribute to the annual risk assessment process and the development of the annual audit plan
• Deliver on time, high quality audits, reviews, and advisory projects, with participation in all phases: planning/scoping, fieldwork, and reporting
• Evaluate compliance against legal, regulatory, policy and procedural requirements, and industry frameworks
• Assess design and operating effectiveness of controls through inquiry, observation, and inspection testing
• Identify, draft, and vet issues with business partners, accounting for impact, root cause, and risk severity
• Work with issue owners to drive the development of sustainable actions to remediate issues; regularly monitor issue progress and validate closure
• Provide credible challenge to stakeholders in all areas of audit coverage
All About You
• Experience as a Technology Risk Management professional (first/second line of defense, internal / external audit) or equivalent experience in a large, regulated organization with exposure to both infrastructure and applications
• Knowledge of IT general computer controls, Information Security controls, and related processes and frameworks (i.e. NIST, COBIT, COSO, ISO, etc.)
• Knowledge of third-party assurance reporting and frameworks (SOC, ISAE3000)
• Experience covering Mainframe, UNIX/Linux, HP Nonstop, and Windows environments
• Payments and digital commerce/e-commerce knowledge and experience is a plus
• Self-starter with ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English, additional languages are a plus)
• Professional credentials (e.g., CIA, CISA, CISSP, or equivalent)
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and consistently meet established deadlines
• Travel up to 20%
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129941