MasterCard Release Train Engineer, Project Management in O'Fallon, Missouri
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Release Train Engineer, Project Management
Are you experienced in driving complex initiatives of strategic importance utilizing the Agile manifesto?
Care passionate about driving our organization through the Scaled Agile for Enterprises (SAFe)
Do you have a passion for process design, continuous learning, and improvement?
Are you skilled at managing relationships across the enterprise?
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) supports Identity Solutions under Enterprise Security Solutions (ESS):
• Serves as the “Agile conscience” for the train and as such coaches leaders, teams and Scrum Masters in Agile practices and mindsets
• Monitors, tracks and makes decisions on issues and risks at the program level, escalates impediments
• Tracks program execution and feature completion tracking
• Provide oversight, coordination, and manage dependencies of the initiatives and features within the program
• Using Agile and SAFe methodologies, manage the coordination, status reporting, financials, schedules and stability of product-oriented agile work efforts
• Aggregates team timelines, creates a roadmap and publishes for visibility and transparency
• Establishes the annual calendars for Iterations, Program Increments
• Assists with the Discovery, Definition and Development of Features & Technical Initiatives
• Facilitates estimations and prioritization at Program level, provides guidance to the Business
• Facilitates PI planning readiness; Vision, backlogs and facilities and leads the actual PI Planning event
• Monitors resourcing and provides input to address critical bottlenecks
• Monitors program-level Metrics and KPI’s to drive continuous improvement via retrospectives, Inspect and Adapt workshops
• Supports the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog and facilitates a healthy intra-team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope
• Act as the communications conduit to internal leadership and executive sponsors
• Assess team, Develop and implement program governance along Agile and SAFe methodologies
• Manages relationships with external vendors and partners involved in project delivery
• A successful candidate will have high energy with solid analytical skills, strong leadership, ability to bring teams together, deep sense of accountability and ownership, execution focus, and a collaborative mindset
Facilitate a full cadence of meetings to fulfill the Agile Release Train planning and operational flow:
• Product Owner Sync
• Facilitates Scrum of Scrums (or ART Sync)
• Epic Specification Workshop (bi-weekly or as needed)
• Program & Value Stream Backlog Refinement (Weekly)
• Facilitates PI or Program planning events/meetings or Feature Estimation
• Program Status Overview for Sr. Management or Executive Steering Committee
• Facilitate Program, and Solution Demos
• Program Retrospective
• Program Kick-off
Responsible for Producing and maintaining a list of artifacts:
• Program Roadmap
• Program Release/Planning Calendar
• Product Backlog & Prioritization (Initiatives & Features)
• Program Pipeline
• Program Risk Log
• Program Dashboard
• Program Status Reporting
• Leads large, high visibility initiatives and projects
• Identifies key barriers to a projects success and actively manages all mitigation activities
• Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop junior employees
• Provides input into performance appraisal process for some junior employees or team members
• Manage complex resolutions, and help develop solutions to complex problems
• Regularly communicate to senior management regarding the status of specific project deliverables, and interact with client to set and manage expectations
• Consults on new products, processes, standards or plans in support of the business
• Proactively identify and manage release train program risk
All About You
• Release Train Engineer or scrum master experience
• Experience with structured methodology and project planning tools
• Leadership experience with large scale programs
• Knowledge of MasterCard and the payments industry
• Some travel may be required
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-70932