Citi Mainframe Developer in O'Fallon, Missouri
Primary Location: United States,Missouri,O'fallon
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18068749
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Seeking an Applications Development Technical Specialist; capable of leading and driving successful delivery of strategic and tactical Programs/ solutions for the consumer lending business. The Technical Specialist will have “hands on” capability and experience leading Mainframe architecture/ design and development; CICS, COBOL, VSAM, JCL and mainframe vendor packages. Experience with Distributed and Message Queue (MQ)/ API required. Interface closely with cross-functional development teams, internal business teams, and message utilities. Capable of leading/ training a group of developers with end-to-end responsibilities for delivering quality global technology solutions. Incumbent should have demonstrated team collaboration experience.
• 6+ years industry “Hands on” experience (Mainframe & Distributed)
• Proven Technical Leadership experience
• Contribute to full development life cycle (both Agile and Waterfall)
• Develop application technology roadmaps
• Guide strategic technology discussions and decisions
• Self-motivated and proactive in leading technology efforts
• Manage individual contribution or group effort to tight deadlines
• Provide technical leadership and guidance to the onshore and offshore technology staff
• Conduct design and code reviews
• Maintain documentation standards and versioning control
• Ensure development is performed to the specifications and adherence to security and compliance standards
• Resolution of defects during the QA and UAT testing process.
• Contribute to project estimation
• Post-deployment support
• At least five years as a mainframe developer COBOL, CICS, TSO, ISPF, CMAN
• “Hands on” CICS experience
• Understanding of Banking processes
• Prefer at least two years experience with various messaging; XML, MQ, TIBCO
• Five years design and development of multi-tier software applications preferred
• Experience building scalable, mission critical applications
• Experience with full project life cycle from establishing requirements through delivery and production
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.