MasterCard Lead Strategic Program Manager in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Strategic Program Manager
The Strategic Program Management (SPM) organization drivescustomer-focused development and management of technology product roadmaps for all O&T product lines across Mastercard jointly with development and operations teams and product and regional counterparts. SPM’s will obsess about defining, measuring and communicating the value of our technology investments to our business and technology partners. This team will further embed the Technology Business Management (TBM) discipline across the company to ensure we are making business-based decisions around our solutions and investments. SPM’s own demand intake and prioritization, investment management, capacity planning and support program governance and release planning.
• Measure and highlight key KPI’s to demonstrate the value created by investments in operations and technology across all programs, including operational health.
• Manage TBM processes including technology program roadmaps, demand intake, prioritization, and capacity planning with a more “strategic lens” in conjunction with our product, regional, and technology partners.
• Manage the portfolio cost and make recommendations to leadership and business partners on how to reprioritize/ optimize the portfolio.
• Manage Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and financial forecasts (annual and quarterly) within and across programs to drive overall delivery goals of Better, Cheaper, and Faster.
• Work with business partners to align and prioritize business and technology roadmaps and develop solutions to future business opportunities by helping to define economic measures and supporting business cases.
• Work with technology and operations partners to drive the quality, health and throughput of our platforms and our engineering organization.
• Assess program and platform health with respect to risk and compliance in partnership with Business Operations and Development partners.
All About You
• Knowledge and experience in digital payments, the mobile and/or ecommerce market and technologies.
• Demonstrated experience bringing new capabilities to market, improving operations, and driving change management.
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills required in addition to planning and project management expertise.
• High degree of independent leadership, critical thinking, communication, accountability, analytical and teamwork skills.
• The ability to thrive in fast-paced environments while being flexible and able to handle rapidly-changing scenarios; someone who sees ‘ambiguity’ as an opportunity rather than a hurdle.
• Technology Business Management (TBM), Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Apptio experience preferred.
• Advanced leadership, interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills required with a solid track record for developing internal and external relationships.
Some travel may be required.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-120518