MasterCard Lead Software Engineers-2 in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineers-2
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Commercial, Expense and Reports Analytics team is looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer to continue building out our cloud native web services application suite. The ideal candidate is passionate about the software engineering, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and ready to lead a team of software engineers in building industry leading Spring Boot applications.
• Design, develop, deploy, test and maintain components / subsystems to a world class standard in an agile way
• Lead architectural design of various R&D projects
• Be solution oriented – find and implement the ‘best fit’ solution to address the requirements on time
• Work independently with teamwork spirit
• Drive technology innovation within Commercial and across the company
• Provide technical leadership focusing on modular design, code reusability and maintainability.
All About You
• Do you love to code (Java/2JEE, Spring Boot, Python, API design, microservice architecture)?
• Do you have a passion for product design and technology innovation and have a high energy, can-do attitude and strong sense of ownership /desire to succeed?
• Are you a talented software developer with a passion for delivering high quality, high performing and highly extensible software?
• Do you have a strong background in developing and delivering high volume web services
• Multiple examples of solutions deployed where you were a key architect and coder.
• Experience in developing and operating highly distributed applications.
• You strive to create highly intuitive and responsive products.
• You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-113449