MasterCard Lead, Software Development Engineer in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead, Software Development Engineer
Be part of the Operations & Technology developing new capabilities for MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
· Would you like to develop industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
· Are you motivated by speeding business solutions to market?
· Do you want to innovate, using cutting edge technologies on challenging business problems?
· Work closely with platform architects to help drive vision and help take that vision to development teams for implementation.
· Create solution that would be able to cater to different products and maintaining health of the platform.
· Work closely with technical leads for assigned projects to assist in design and implementation tasks
· Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
· Drive PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of right solution for the given business or platform requirement.
· Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming frameworks, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks.
All About You
· Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
· Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
· Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
· Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
· Knowledge of software development processes including agile processes
· Experience with the design and development of complex, multi-tier cloud native architectures.
· A quick learner and able to drive complex technical solutions.
· Essential skills:
○ Hands-on experience on rules based system, with experience as an Architect/Tech Lead.
○ Must possess key concepts, principles and best practices for Java based application development
○ Hands-on experience with Java/JEE and unix / shell scripting
○ Experience with relational databases like Oracle and familiarity with nosql databases.
○ Experience with high volume platforms
· Below skills would be a plus:
○ Cloud engineering framework (PCF, K8s etc)
○ Knowledge of IBM ODM (aka ILOG Jrules)
○ Knowledge of cloud-native architecture concepts, understanding of high availability, scalability, resilience, performance, and security requirements in the cloud
○ Messaging – MQ and Kaftka
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121298