MasterCard Director, Software Development Engineer in Test in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Software Development Engineer in Test
Director, Software Development Engineer in Test
At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force for good in the world and to doing well by doing good. Mastercard relies on our global workforce to help us achieve our goal of building a sustainable, inclusive global economy. The Mastercard Way encourages us, connects us with the behaviors that represent the essence of not only what we do but who we are as an organization. Cultivating an environment for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views and experiences drives a global and collaborative culture of inclusion and sense of belonging.
MasterCard software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We're looking for talented software development engineers to develop advanced technologies and applications that are revolutionizing payments.
• Software Development Engineering in Test team in Core Payments is about creating an ecosystem to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction for all its applications.
• This position needs deep understanding of software development practices, architecture, and performance engineering to help drive quality early in the lifecycle of a product development.
• This position will be responsible for driving software and quality engineering best practices amongst multiple application teams within Core Payments.
• Position requires an extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks. This position leads and manages staff, and assures staffing, training and objective setting.
• Interacts with technology staff including Software and Test Engineers, Operations, Developers, Devops Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of project/s and deliver services.
• Do you have a good experience in software architecture and development with a passion for testing development - not just testing alone?
• Are you an experienced leader who is passionate about innovative technology and its potential to help create a world beyond cash?
• Love being hands on and eager to demonstrate a clear path of services adoption to your partners with demos, presentations, and prototypes?
• Can you scale your communication at all levels starting from engineers to program managers to executives?
• Reduce the time from concept to delivery by providing product development teams with the tools, practices and support to increase their productivity while maintaining high quality standards
• Ensure that staff has skills and behaviors to perform tasks fully through effective communication of goals, objectives, performance and as necessary improvement plans.
• Recommend annual budgetary needs and ensure appropriate expenditures within that approved budget.
• Enable development teams to nail down quality and testing by ensuring proper automated testing, software development practices, quality gates, built in quality etc.
• Foster strategic thinking and continuous learning to help MasterCard continue to lead as a technology company providing differentiating high-quality products and services to enable global commerce.
All About You:
• Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with exposure to management theories and concepts.
• Experience mentoring and developing resources in a high-performance culture.
• Experience defining QA standards, processes, tools and methodologies
• Demonstrated success in leading a small to large-scale software development, testing, and performance across multiple groups.
• Sound knowledge of Software Development Practices, Test Automation , Continuous Delivery concepts, and exposure to tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo, Nexus, Maven, SVN/GIT. Java/.NET/C++, Spring ,Databases and APIs (REST/SOAP)
• Expertise in agile delivery, life-cycle management tools (JIRA/Rally/Rational Concert), software testing standards, methods and conventions.
• Exposure to Application monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk desirable.
• Exposure to Cloud, Infrastructure-as-a-code concept, and tools such as Chef/Puppet desirable.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-119506