Rose International INC Scrum Master in O Fallon, Missouri
Position Title: Scrum Master
Position Number: 288284
Location: O Fallon, MO
Desired Skill Set:
Agile, JIRA, SCRUM
C2C and STEM-OPT are not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Title: Scrum Master Position
Location: O''Fallon, Missouri
Duration: 12 Months
Client Shared Components group is on a mission to rapidly introduce and evolve common, internally consumed capabilities that are the foundation for Client''s product and service offerings globally. The successful candidate will act as the Scrum Master for one or more squads within the Integration Services program and will be charged with ensuring Client continues to deliver technical and innovation excellence. As a group, we have a Lean-Agile focus on delivering the right solutions to internal customers with the highest quality in the shortest lead times. You will cultivate a culture of agility and continuous improvement, leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and consulting with RTE''s for best practices.
As an experienced SAFe practitioner, you will be supporting agile teams within a formal SAFe Agile Release Train (ART).This person must be comfortable coaching and influencing leadership on behalf of their teams, and ensuring a streamlined delivery and communication to clients. You will leverage your extensive experience in full-stack agile, and your leadership abilities as you serve as servant-leader and “agile conscience” for one or more Agile Teams. The primary objectives of this role are to remove impediments, coach team members on agile practices & culture, and monitor the health of the team. The scrum master''s major responsibilities are to facilitate the key agile ceremonies, navigate organizational processes, help educate the team in Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Kanban, and SAFe, ensuring that the agreed Agile process is being followed. Scrum Masters help foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement. The scrum master further assists the teams communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, manage risk, and drive continuous improvement through objective measures.
This is a career opportunity to provide agile transformation leadership for a global payments leader and one of the most well-known brands in the world. Passion, rigor, and drive are required. This is a high-touch internal customer-facing opportunity with exposure to both business and technical delivery teams.
• The primary objective of the role is to bring teams together to make things happen – it''s all about leading, empowering, facilitating and communicating
• Be the agile coach, and process leader, molding teams to seek ways to improve backlog management, sprint reviews, quality assurance and in other areas
• Work closely with product managers, product owners, RTE's, and architects to develop high performing agile teams
• Work across multiple development teams and share development practices that build in quality up front
• Support agile cadence and ceremonies such as System Demos, PI Planning Prep and PI Planning Events
• Participate in the SAFe transformation, coaching leaders and teams in the processes and mindsets
• Help adapt SAFe to the organization by standardizing and documenting practices
• Use tools such as team boards (Kanban, Iteration Dashboards, cumulative flow, predictability & velocity charts) to manage and improve agile performance in meeting iteration & increment objectives
• Facilitates all team meetings, including the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective
• Track & Escalate impediments to address critical bottlenecks
• Track budgets for the teams, track and manage procurement processes on behalf of the team/squad (including software licenses and services)
• Manage system and solutions demos, including all preparations, logistics, A/V, and communications
• Be the voice of the team(s) to management, ensuring expectations are in line with reality
• Discover and solve any issues, roadblocks, risks or dependencies teams face and help prevent future issues from affecting team's ability to deliver
• Support quarterly planning events, ensuring development, product management, and other teams are aligned and they are properly focused on the overall success of software solutions
• Coordinate stakeholders and customers in feature & story planning, definition, and delivery
• Assess the agility level of the team. Manage performance against KPI''s per iteration and program increment.
• Ensure transparency in backlog and reporting management via KPIs
• Be a continuous improvement leader with squads, leadership, and stakeholders, encouraging them to seek ways to improve backlog management, sprint reviews, quality assurance and in other areas
• Participate in delivery coordination including driving feature releases
• Lead delivery-related improvement initiatives
• Advocate for the needs of the squad(s), including resourcing (capacity, skill gaps) to address critical bottlenecks, tools, training, etc.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities, display mentoring ability, project leadership and delegation, follow-through, and team participation skills
• Must have practical experience in an agile software development environment, preferably with full-stack engineering and continuous delivery, as a developer, PO, or Scrum Master (or a combination of roles).
• Substantial practice in agile principles, multiple disciplines preferred (Scrum, KanBan, with XP, SAFe or another scaling model). CSM (or other cert) required
• High level of understanding of SAFe, SAFe Agilist certification required, SPC a plus
• Understanding of strong development practices that drive quality such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Delivery, Code Quality measures/reduction of technical debt
• Experience using agile digital tools such as CA''s Agile Central, JIRA, Trello, etc.
• Experience having been coached formally (and coaching others) and can describe the methods and value of the coaching for you.
• Experience using a variety of agile metrics and understand how to apply them, what they are telling you, where are there gaps, and recommended corrective actions.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship-building, conflict resolution and negotiation skills required.
All About You:
• You will be positive, high energy, visible, and a force for good in the team – even when faced with difficult problems. Be solutions focused. Remain calm and stable under pressure, know when to delegate upwards and when issues occur you raise the alarm at the right time, to the right people.
• You have excellent communication, mentoring and problem-solving skills. Because you can see problems looming from afar, you''ll help guide the team to successful results.
• You are adept in a wide variety of agile practices. The fact that you enjoy agile radiates from you.
• Everything is communication – ensure that all documentation, emails, reports, and presentations are of the highest possible standard.
• You demonstrate emotional intelligence in your interactions with the team and others, and this skill helps you understand and navigate team dynamics.
• Demonstrate ethics, transparency and values to generate high team trust.
• You have general experience with managing teams and handling administrative activities.
• You take ownership and accountability, take pride in quality solutions, and you move with urgency.
• You empower technologists to make decisions, but remind them of the bigger picture.
• You demand MORE of yourself and everyone else.
• Occasional Off hours support will be required.#CBRose#
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)