New Directions Behavioral Health Healthcare Data Integration Analyst - Eligibility - Kansas City, MO in NONE, Missouri
The Healthcare Data Integration Analyst – Eligibility Data is responsible for providing subject matter expertise and analytical support to the Electronic Data Interchange team.
• Develops accurate and specific programming specifications for electronic data exchanges and data transfers between New Directions Behavioral Health and clients, brokers and vendors
• Serves as a subject matter expert for Eligibility healthcare data, and in this role, assists New Directions Behavioral Health staff, clients, brokers and vendors with interpreting and understanding the data. This includes products, groups, coverage, 834 sending and receiving, subscriber and member relationships, and any other relevant attributes
• Assists the Data Management team with executing, validating and assembling organized analytics regarding healthcare quality and compliance measures for all supported lines of business
• Proactively identifies issues and opportunities to enhance data management and interchange through detailed and high-level problem solving to ensure consistent delivery of world-class services to assists New Directions Behavioral Health staff, clients and brokers
• Recommends and implements procedural and data flow changes to increase the accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency of products and services delivered by the Data Management team
• Creates and maintains operational procedure documentation for Data Management processes
• Other duties as assigned by management
Accountable for the following end results:
• Management and creation, maintenance, and design of integration strategies regarding eligibility and healthcare data
• Responsive to internal end user and external client needs regarding data extracts and data integration
• The end users receive first-level analysis in a timely manner.
• Understands the goals of the Data Management team and works within a team environment to ensure that these goals are met.
• Adheres to New Directions Behavioral Health Mission Statement, Core Values, Code of Business Conduct, and Compliance Program.
• Complies with all Federal and applicable State laws and New Directions Behavioral Health Policies regarding, privacy, confidentiality, and security of health information, and other designated information.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in healthcare-related field, Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar academic discipline is preferred. Experience considered in lieu of degree
• At least eight years of progressive experience in eligibility data quality and reporting; healthcare claims or managed care experience is highly preferred
• Effective organizational and prioritization skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to function as a positive team member
• Ability to learn new systems and continually update technical skills to adapt to changing technology
• Basic data-gathering skills including coding (SQL), testing, debugging and documentation
• Knowledge of common database architectures and how to extract and transform complex datasets
• Experience with FACETS
• Excellent communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.