Honeywell Specialist I Customer IT Support in Kansas City, Missouri
Specialist I Customer IT Support
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Specialist I Customer IT Support is responsible for making sure our customers receive helpful service and timely responses to Information Technology (IT)support requests and questions.
This role will focus on creating and maintaining high quality, timely and consistentexperiences across all customer support touch points, which can include (but is not limited to): In-Person, Email, chatand phone correspondence, Web-based support, tools/applications/portals, Support documentation/content, Virtualdemos/training sessions, In-person meetings/events/training
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs customer support, training, and troubleshooting activities for various IT services.
- Interacts with customers, troubleshoots and resolves problems related to hardware, software and/or process to thecustomers' satisfaction.
- Interacts with customers over the phone, via e-mail, or by visiting the customer site.
- Transfers issues that require more detailed analysis to more experienced personnel.
- May receive and record customer inquiries regarding computer-related problems and/or services. Notifies customerswhen problems have been resolved andcloseslog entries.
- Assists in the process of evaluating and making recommendations regarding hardware, software, process and servicesthat will improve overall IT support for customers.
- Asset Management activities that identify andlabellingnew IT assets, purchasing of new IT assets, and documentationassociated with IT Asset Management tools or systems.
- May have responsibility for performing periodic audits with both internal and external examiners.
- Executes customer support tasks and assignments given by more senior personnel. Arranges for assistance from othersfor highly complex technical support areas.
- Organizes and conducts training activities required for various hardware and software capabilities in support ofcustomer needs.
May perform other duties as required.
20 Desktop support, Hardware/Software
20 Customer Interaction
20 Endpoint Imaging
20 Add/Replace Hardware Components
You Must Have:
- One (1) or more years' practical experience in providing customer support in an ITrelated field, troubleshooting activities for IT desktop systems, computer training, and asset management of IT desktopequipment.
- Associates degree in computer-related field
- US Citizenship is needed to obtain and maintain the required US Dept. of Energy "Q"-level security clearance.
- General knowledge of desktop computer hardware and software.
- Beginner to intermediate skills for identifying and resolving technical problems
- Experience with a ticketing system for work assignment.
- Skill in using operating system software, companion software and utilities.
- Effective communication skills, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Some positions within this classification may require unique computer skills.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req167152
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.