Fiserv Solutions Architect, Principal in Kansas City, Missouri
What does a great Solutions Architect, Principal do?
In this crucial role you are responsible for understanding Fiserv’s data platform strategy /architecture and the data to support that strategy. You will work closely with our business and supporting systems representatives to analyze and document the major data and information assets used by LOBs. Systems reviewed will include both operational and analytical, supported by IT and also business developed.
Acting as an internal consultant to the business and delivery resources, the candidate will provide directional guidance for data projects on utilizing the right system of record for data sourcing and information access.
This person must have strong management skills and the ability to plan and execute in a complex, fast-paced environment. Candidates must have high energy, dedication, and expert-level skills.
Candidate will be responsible for our deliverables like the development of our Information Management strategy, establishing, promoting and monitoring standard technologies, data modelling, tools and methodologies and creating and maintaining business, data, application and technology road maps.
You should possess superlative communication skills since it is essential to work cross functionally with many different partners such as Infrastructure & Operations, application development, Security, Legal, product management, sales, finance, business partners and vendors to develop the data platform strategy and roadmaps. The candidate must also have excellent influence and negotiation skills to deliver on the realization of the strategy by providing leadership, direction and sometimes direct support to business units, departments and functional groups that do not report directly into Enterprise Data and Analytics and are outside their direct control.
As a Solutions Architect, Principal you can look forward to:
• Develop and articulate to stakeholders a consolidated understanding of the business requirements and drivers for Data & Analytics at the enterprise level.
• Evangelize, develop and maintain a vision for data and a blueprint to guide and inform cross product and business line initiatives
• Identify, generate and foster executive level support for an enterprise data architecture, including support for enterprise initiatives with indirect benefits like Data Management and Governance
• Define the overarching data strategy, roadmaps and standards for Data & Analytics. This includes but is not limited to components like transactional and operational data repositories, data warehouse, data marts, data integration, access layers, information delivery and analytics including support for privacy and security requirements.
• Takes an active role in sourcing, organizing, maintaining and ultimately democratizing data through the development of innovative design techniques, tools and well-organized databases
• Evangelize effective data modeling and communicate benefits and return on investment for application and product owners
• Establish and lead a targeted team of specialist data architects and data modelers who focus on hands on data modeling, analysis, and architecture/design of data movement, data access, transactional and analytics solutions
• Proactively identify enterprise opportunities that accelerate delivery and drive down operational costs through cross-product data services i
• Develop institutional policies and procedures
• Participate in tool evaluation, pilots and selection.
You're the type of person who:
• Acts Strategically: You foster a consistent understanding of strategy, translate it into defined plans, and "stay the course" to implement it, while anticipating and identifying where change is needed.
• Communicates effectively: You actively listen to others to understand their perspective and ensure continuous understanding regardless of communication channel or audience.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• 15+ years related work experience or equivalent. Experience in Banking, Financial domain
• Proven ability to analyze requirements and clearly communicate those requirements to both business and technical stakeholders in many forms such as verbally, road maps, presentations and solution technical documentation such high level and detailed technical design documents
• Hands on experience with database design and database optimization techniques for performance in very large volume data warehouse environment using industry standard RDBMS (Oracle, Neteeza, Snowflake, Vertica or equivalent)
• Direct experience with architecting and executing data consolidation and movement programs to take disparate data sources and consolidate them into an Integrated Data Warehouse.
• Direct experience over the full systems development lifecycle for multiple data warehouse projects including implementation experience with prevalent industry methodologies
• Experience with leading ETL tools, such as Talend, Ab Initio, Informatica, Data Stage or equivalent
• Experience with leading BI Reporting Tools, such as Cognos, Business Objects, Power BI, Tableau or equivalent
• Expertise in emerging technologies (Big Data, Distributed Processing, In-Memory data bases, Apache Hadoop, Spark)
• BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or Equivalent
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Experience in the Payments / Card / Banking industry and familiarity with payments processing data constructs
• Master's or PhD preferred
Who We Are:
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.