C.H. Robinson Software Engineer III in Kansas City, Missouri
As a Software Engineer on CH Robinson’s North America Surface Transportation (NAST) delivery team, you will use your passion for technology and experience delivering complex software solutions to support our largest business division. In this role, you will be responsible for evaluating requirements, estimating tasks, and writing code that meets performance, quality, business, and security objectives. You will collaborate with other software engineers, product managers, and quality assurance analysts to solve complex problems, improve our software development processes and standards, and keep up with emerging technologies.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Kansas City where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers.
• Develop software and designs solutions to satisfy customer requirements that consider performance and availability
• Collaborate with product managers and principal software engineers to translate requirements into detailed designs
• Estimate for software development effort including identifying dependent teams and developing code to satisfy complex requirements
• Increase code quality through writing unit, integration, and acceptance tests
• Tune performance and resolve availability issues of product or service and its dependencies
• Collaborate with other software engineers and teams on code reviews, development infrastructure, and process enhancements
• 3+ years of experience working in a team environment shipping software
• 3+ years of experience with HTTP and REST architecture
• 3+ years of experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. MS SQL, Oracle) or non-relational databases (ex. MongoDB)
• Proficient with unit, integration, and acceptance testing
• Proficient with version control systems (ex. GIT, GITHub, TFS, etc.)
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or MIS; or, a minimum of 4 years of equivalent work experience and a high school diploma/GED
• Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
• Experience with data streaming and messaging architecture and frameworks (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ESB)
• Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Have a growth mindset that is open to giving and receiving feedback
• Able to thrive in a collaborative, creative, dynamic workplace
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.