New Directions Behavioral Health Reporting Business Analyst - Kansas City, MO in Kansas City, Missouri
The Reporting Business Analyst will participate in tasks ranging from requirements gathering to stakeholder management/liaising between business and reporting teams. Excellent communication skills are required, as well as strong follow-up and attention to detail. Strong documentation skills are a must. The candidate should be familiar with SQL and working with a Data Warehouse and Reporting team
• Create and maintain documentation including Business Requirement Documents, Data Mapping and Policies/Procedures/Processes and workflows.
• Use SQL and internal/external applications to perform unit testing and user acceptance testing on reports and queries.
• Aid in creating and maintaining a reporting regression testing library with other team members.
• Define metrics to be used, what metrics to track, how they are measured and in what way to collect the data
• Understand the needs of a reporting group and be able to speak in terms of reporting and statistics.
• Be available to answer critical questions from the architectural and reporting development teams, occasionally during off hours during tight deadline
• Review and understand contractual obligations and performance guarantees from the business and customers
• Work closely with business units to gain in-depth understanding of business strategy, processes, services, roadmap, and context in which the business operates.
• Provide analytic support in business areas critical to organization’s overall and product line performance
• Participate in training as needed to better personal knowledge base.
• Provide and support the implementation of reporting and analytics business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identify business needs; monitor progress and results; recognize and educate on improvement opportunities; and prioritize competing demands.
• Adheres to New Directions Behavioral Health Mission Statement, Core Values, Code of Business Conduct, and Compliance Program.
• Complies with all Federal and applicable State laws and New Directions Behavioral Health Policies regarding, privacy, confidentiality, and security of health information, and other designated information.
Education & Experience Required
• Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or similar and minimum 4 years related experience
• Experience working with various teams/stakeholders across an organization
• Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate at the executive level
• Intermediate level of knowledge of relational databases, database structures and design, systems design, data management, data warehouse
• Advanced experience with SQL Queries
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.