Honeywell IT Project Leader I in Kansas City, Missouri
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T) business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
This position will be located in Kansas City, MO
As IT Project Leader within FM&T’s IT PMO organization, you will work in a collaborative team to support, coordinate, and lead the implementation of IT initiatives and technical improvement efforts. This includes coordinating activities, efforts, projects, and budgets in a hybrid Agile methodology among IT, and non-IT teams, such as Engineering, Cyber Security, Legal, Stakeholders, and End User groups.
Responsibilities are for one or more small to medium sized IT efforts or project with moderate complexity, which will include:
• Follows defined IT project management processes, standards, and procedures
• Provides process feedback supporting potential improvement opportunities
• Leads IT initiatives (efforts / projects) through the conceptual, requirements gathering, design, development and implementation phases
• Responsible for one or more IT initiatives
• Develops and maintains all IT project-related documentation
• Supports and communicates IT initiatives plan, schedules, cost and progress
• Identifies and takes action to mitigate potential risks and issues and makes recommendations to management when escalation is required
• Utilizes process improvement techniques such as six sigma tools and SEI-CMM processes
• Supports and maintains a productive working relationship with project sponsors, customers, vendors and other key stakeholders
• Works closely with customers and business analyst to assure expectations are being met throughout initiative and that the customer accepts and is satisfied with final product
• Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment
• Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
You Must Have:
• U.S. Citizen
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent 2 years work experience
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, analytical, organizational, and communication skills (both oral and written)
• Prefer 1 year of experience in computing systems deployment, IT project management, or computer related technical activities
• Advanced application of project management practices, principles, and tools, including prior experience in managing IT projects through delivery
• Proven ability to manage teams
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.