Cerner Federal Information Systems Security Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
Federal Information Systems Security Engineer
Come join our Cerner Government Services Federal Security team. As a Federal Information Systems Security Engineer, you will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to analyze, define, and validate functional and legal/regulatory system security controls and requirements. You will conduct security impact analysis and system risk assessments to identify potential security threats and recommend enhancements to improve deficiencies. You will also implement system security solutions, perform ongoing performance audits and system maintenance and provide support for performance issues. If this intrigues you, we encourage you to apply!
Auto req ID:
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with Cerner must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Due to specific client contract requirements, this position requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. The client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for the position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important – people’s health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
EEO is the Law (English) at https://www.cerner.com/-/media/FF88D3155CB245EB98BA1DB8F934E3E5.ashx
E-Verify Participation (English) at https://www.cerner.com/-/media/88648CD9668E49FBA6EB9C11FAA1634F.ashx
Right to Work (English) at https://www.cerner.com/-/media/E1CD6BEF8082430E882E5CD9D5165A86.ashx
EEO is the Law (Spanish) at https://www.cerner.com/-/media/801186E054394473A0E1380768F3FE47.ashx
E-Verify Participation (Spanish) at https://www.cerner.com/-/media/88648CD9668E49FBA6EB9C11FAA1634F.ashx
Right to Work (Spanish) at https://www.cerner.com/-/media/96E03778704E4492B394F95521A0B7E8.ashx
· Bachelor’s degree Information Systems, Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience
· At least 2 years of Information Technology Security work experience
· Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
· Due to the client contract you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
· At least 2 years’ experience with complex IT solutions, systems, and infrastructure
· At least 1 year of federal information technology security work experience
· Must be residing in or willing to relocate to Kansas City or live in a virtually approved city
· Wiling to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulation
· Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
· Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Relocation Assistance Available:
Job Family Group: