Honeywell Failure Analysis Circuits Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
Failure Analysis Circuits Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to work in the Purchased Component Failure and Analysis section of our Science and Engineering Laboratory - Analytical (SEL-A). This engineer will provide testing and analysis of various mechanical and electronic components using a variety of sophisticated analytical techniques. The engineer should be able to leverage experience to help identify and develop new types of testing as needed.
Summary of Duties:
Requires the ability to work independently at a high level, as well as on teams, to complete special projects, perform testing:
1. Support failure analysis for both active and passive electronic components.
2. Serve as lead to expand analytical capabilities within the Purchased Component Failure Analysis area.
3. Conduct tests utilizing advanced techniques, including Light Emission, Backside Laser Scanning, and Micro-CT. Expand knowledge and expertise within these current capabilities.
4. Work with other purchased component engineers to design and develop new testing techniques.
5. Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure protection of associates, the public, and the environment.
Note: Candidates with greater experience may apply and may be considered for higher level engineering classifications (II or Senior) commensurate with candidate credentials and as warranted by current business requirements.
20 Plan and execute project tasks
20 Assist product and process certification
20 Component or System Design
20 Consult with Vendors and Suppliers
20 Present to leadership and external customers
YOU MUST HAVE:
- U.S. Citizenship in order to obtain US Dept. of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical or Materials Engineering, BS Physics from an (ABET accredited) University.
- Two (2) or more years technical experience in addition to education requirements.
- Successfully completed coursework in the area of semiconductor devices, transistors and integrated circuits
- Knowledge of IC design and manufacturing
- Experience with basic electronic test equipment
- Experience working in a laboratory and/or production environment
- Willing to expand knowledge in area of semiconductor devices through ongoing education and/or training.
- Familiar with Six Sigma tools and processes
- All employees must work in a safe manner in accordance with the ALS Health and Safety Program
- Experience using MS Office Suite desktop applications, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with other software and control systems such as those used in operation of analytical instruments and production equipment
- Able to work independently with little to no supervision on all job responsibilities
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and responsibilities concurrently
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req160402
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.