Black & Veatch Business Intelligence Analyst - Water Business in Kansas City, Missouri
Business Intelligence Analyst - Water Business
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.
We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
Black & Veatch is looking for a Business Analyst with experience in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics.
In this role, you will collaborate with stakeholders in various departments to understand business intelligence opportunities, gather and define requirements, and to create reports/dashboards that provide business partners with increased efficiency and improved decision-making utilizing concise, high-quality visualizations.
To succeed in this position, you must be driven and a self-starter.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Help drive a culture of improved decision-making by:
o Creating Business Intelligence reporting for various stakeholders
o Improving efficiencies by generating easy-to-understand, low/no-maintenance, up-to-date dashboards
o Identifying and replacing paper-based reporting that can be automated
o Educate professionals at all levels within the business unit on the benefit of leveraging business intelligence for accurate reporting and analysis
• Work closely with business partners in gathering detailed business requirements
• Review data collection practices to ensure integrity and efficient ingestion of input data
• Suggest process improvements, models, and technologies that will enhance our Business Intelligence infrastructure
• Interface with corporate data warehouse team and peers in other business units to drive toward enterprise-wide solutions
• Support and perform ad hoc data analysis
• Performs other duties as requested
• It is anticipated that 10% of your time would be reserved to cross-train resources on your efforts
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Intelligence, Information Technology/Science or related field
• 3+ years’ experience in a business intelligence role with extensive knowledge of Power BI
• Cross functional familiarity with management, marketing, finance/accounting, and project management preferred
• Demonstrated critical thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• High attention to detail and focus on quality deliverables
• Ability to prioritize and organize, and to manage multiple assignments effectively
Driven professional with the ability to work autonomously
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.