Honeywell Application Developer I in Kansas City, Missouri
Application Developer I
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Leads minimally complex projects that require a singular area of programming expertise.Responsible for application analysis, design, development, integration, enhancement, maintenance and support.
Summary of Duties:
- Participates in short-term planning sessions with a customer to implement process improvement within an assigned customer area.
- Analyzes existing information systems and applications to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Identifies system requirements; develops application specifications; implements integration plans including interfacing with testing teams to incorporate plans into integration testing process.
- Establishes liaison relationship with business partners and/or suppliers in order to provide technical solutions through the analysis of business workflows and an understanding of business needs.
- Assesses customer needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and advice on options.Defines, develops or modifies software application modules using disciplined software development processes; recommends development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- Adheres to quality standards and procedures. Reviews modules for quality assurance, checks compliance with application architecture standards and conducts unit testing of application modules to ensure application meets specifications.
- Provides Tier III support for applications
- Converts information from design specifications to programming code. Writes specific programs by analyzing work flow charts and diagrams and applying knowledge to satisfy requirements.
- Analysis, classification and maintenance of data and data relationships. Developing data models necessary to support a system functions and operations. Defining and maintaining security and integrity.
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.Takes actions necessary to 'stop' work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified
25 Remote team work
25 Support of IOT software
You Must Have:
- U.S. Citizenship in order to obtain and maintain a DO “Q” level Top Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in programming, systems or Computer Science, or specialized IT training
- Minimum of at least one year of programming/systems analysis experience
- In lieu of degree relevant work experience. Demonstrates high-level industry knowledge.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical documents, maintain accurate records, prioritize work and analyze problems to develop innovative and effective solutions
- Demonstrated initiative to maintain technical currency through outside studies and training
- Ability to identify appropriate level of team interactions to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated skill in effectively communicating the problems to vendors and team members.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements. Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req152736
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.