Grant Thornton LLP Advisory - Attest Services Associate in Kansas City, Missouri
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader. * * Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, and transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients. The Business Risk Services (BRS) practice protects value. The BRS Practice includes Risk Advisory Services, Forensic Advisory Services and Data Analytics.
Attest Services Associate
The Business Risk Services (BRS) Attest Services Associate is responsible for delivering a full range of services to our clients. Responsibilities include testing and assessment of information systems and business process control review engagements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and test IT and business processes and controls and identify areas of risk.
- Apply current knowledge of trends to identify business risk management issues and other opportunities for improvement.
- Work with audit and assurance teams and the client to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address business controls, risks and issues.
- Execute assigned client engagements from start to completion of information systems assessments and/or business process control reviews.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of assigned client operations, processes and business objectives, and then utilize that knowledge on assigned engagements.
- Participate in recruiting efforts as needed.
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (Utilization)
- Assist practice leadership in creating proposals, budgets, and work plans.
- Participate in other business development activities as appropriate
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Masters’ degree is a plus.
- Desire to pursue CPA, CISA, CISSP, CIA or CISM license/certification preferred
- Major and overall GPA of 3.2/4.0.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills.
- Strong technical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Effective project and time management skills for handling multiple priorities and simultaneous projects
- Enthusiasm to learn through a combination of structured, on-the-job and self-directed training
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Ability to work additional hours and travel domestically as needed Benefits
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United States and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Advisory - Attest Services Associate
Location: MO-Kansas City
Requisition ID: 043580