Veritas Princ Software Engineer in Jefferson City, Missouri
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
The Data Protection Group drives the product strategy, roadmap, and engineering delivery of the Veritas products, which includes NetBackup, APTARE, Backup Exec, Enterprise Vault (EV), EV.cloud, eDiscovery platform, and Veritas SaaS Backup.
We are looking for candidates who have experience with file systems, storage and cloud technology for data protection solution. You should also have an eye for great design and a knack for pushing projects from conception all the way to customers.In this role, you will design and develop data protection solutions using the latest technologies. You will own product quality and overall customer experience.You will also propose technical solutions to product/service problems while refining, designing and implementing software components in line with technical requirements.The Principal Software Engineer will work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Minimum Required Skills include:
MS/BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field of study with 8+ years of relevant experience
- Full understanding of file systems, storage and cloud technologies, emerging standards and engineering best practices
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Designs, develops and maintains high quality code for product components, focusing on implementation.
- Solid knowledge of algorithms and design patterns
- Skills in scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Ruby on Rails
- Proficient in API fundamentals and best practices
- Skills with Office Application Suite Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio, both in use and automation
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Knowledge of operating Systems: LINUX/UNIXObject Oriented Language· Agile Process
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with various teams to implement innovative and viable solutions for commercial product and internal tool user interfaces
Ability to communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment Desired Skills include:
Experience with OpenStack, Hadoop or Cassandra
- Experience working with tools like Jasmine, Karma, Gulp, Grunt and Protractor
- Experience in Agile development methodologies including unit testing and TDD (test-driven development)
- Experience delivering into cloud based environments using standard CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Spinnaker, SonarQube) and best practices
- Experience with cloud IaaS/PaaS and Microservices design a plus
Additional Job DescriptionAdditional Job Description Qualification and Skills
Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Expertise in application development on Windows
- Mastery of C# and .NET
- Experience with SQL Server and SQL design
- Experience building and consuming cloud-based REST APIs, such as those of SaaS applications like Office 365 and SalesForce
- Experience with multi-threaded, asynchronous-task based programming with performance and scale focus
- Experience working with Cloud platforms such as AWS/Azure/Google Cloud is a plus
- Experience with Unit Test and Mocking frameworks such as Google Test and NUnit is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to work in any area depending upon the need
- Quick learner and can-do attitude
- Team player and good at collaboration
- 8 -12 years of experience in software design, development, and maintenance
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Be self-motivated Responsibilities
Design, develop and maintain high-quality software
- Participate in design discussions, build prototypes and contribute to delivering high-quality products/features
- Anticipate problems and future technical needs and takes necessary corrective steps to ensure they are addressed
- Work with customer support to resolve customer issues
- Develop and maintain automation
- Mentor junior members or act as a team lead
- Collaborate across geographies and teams
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Why Join Us? (https://www.veritas.com/company/careers/why-join-us)
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal (https://veritas.service-now.com/hrp) .