Cardinal Health Senior Electrical R&D Engineer in Hazelwood, Missouri
What R & D Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Research and Development Engineering is responsible for developing and implementing new products through adherence to established design control processes and good engineering and documentation practices. Senior Engineer R&D with Electronics experience in the medical device design environment.
- Design new medical device products using various skills and techniques.
- Work with cross functional groups to specify electrical system architecture, write system requirements, and test protocols.
- Design microprocessor and micro-controller medical device applications.
- Provide expertise in the area of analog and digital electronics circuits to include circuit design, prototype development, component procurements, Design of Experiments (DOE), EMI/ EMC testing, design verification and validation.
- Design medical device products for EMC, ESD, and electrical safety per IEC 60601-1.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in related field required
- A minimum of 2+ years related work experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Micro-controller electronics circuits to include circuit design, prototype development, component procurement
- Design for manufacturability (DFM) and Design for reliability (DFR); Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Medical Device Design experience.
- Embedded Electronics experience with Analog and Digital circuits, Microcontrollers, Digital peripherals, Wireless and motor control.
- PCB Design and Schematic Capture..
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.