IBM VMware (ESXi) Systems Engineer (Windows) in COLUMBIA, Missouri
· IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
VMware (ESXi) Systems Engineer
· VMware virtualization expertise is required to support both onsite and offsite activities.
· Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
· Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
· Develops documentation on new or existing systems. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
· Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
· Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
· Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
· May serve as a technical team or task lead. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned Participates in special projects as required.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· TOP SECRET / SCI (with Poly) Clearance Required
· Security++ or similar 8570 qualified certifications
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline. Masters Degree preferred.
· VMware ESX /5.5/6.0/6.5. VMware vROPS 6.x. Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2. Unix/Linux familiarity. Windows 7/8/10.
· TCP/IP, DNS, Local Area Networking, AD, GPO. Install, configure and manage VMware virtualization environment components (vSphere , vRA, vROPS, ESX, NSX).
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
· Cloud experience (AWS, Azure), NSX, Experience creating and implementing workflows and blueprints for use with a VMware vRA solution (vRA, Orchestrator)
· Remedy Experience a plus
· Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
· Experience supporting Intelligence and/or DoD Customers. 1. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer, network and storage system administration and support. 2. Knowledge of related hardware and software i.e. Server, Unix/Linux, Cisco, and Microsoft products. Continued in Additional Comments.
· May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.