Centene Corporation Senior System Engineer (Security) in Clayton, Missouri
Position Purpose: Provide operational and technical support to ensure the ongoing stability of the Centene network environments. Contribute to the IT infrastructure design and leading in network security implementations.
· Provide technical support for the Centene multi-protocol network including installation, configuration, maintenance and support of firewalls, VPN’s, VLANS and other network security services
· Perform daily tasks to ensure the stability and optimization of the network security environment, which includes proactively identifying potential system issues before they become a problem, working with team members in deciding a resolution, and implementing the agreed upon resolutions
· Responsible for the scheduling, testing, and implementation of enhancements or new releases of supported network security services
· Interface with business users and stakeholders to determine needs and develop solutions
· Review operational and organizational changes, assess how these changes will affect the environment and incorporate the changes into the network architecture, as needed
· Monitor, analyze, and evaluate system utilization to ensure the appropriate and efficient use of security focused applications and system resources
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 3+ years of related experience. Hands-on experience with firewalls and a strong technical foundation of firewall configuration and change management processes. Experience securing network environments in a large production environment is required. Vulnerability scanning experience; familiarity with standard security tools a plus. Knowledge of operating systems internals, communication (and networking) protocols (TCP/IP, AFP, NFS, HTTP, FTP) and system utilities required. HIPAA, SOX, SAS-70 knowledge preferred. Healthcare experience a plus.
License/Certification: Network, Systems Security or Administration certifications a plus.
As a government contractor, this position requires U. S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 or higher security
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
TITLE: Senior System Engineer (Security)
LOCATION: Clayton, Missouri
COMPANY: Information Technology
POSITION TYPE: Professional