Centene Corporation IT Portfolio Manager in Clayton, Missouri
Pipeline - General
Job Profile Summary
Position Purpose: The IT Portfolio Management Analyst evaluates and audits project portfolio management processes and templates for the project management office (PMO) and Business Engagement (BE) teams. Reviews, analyzes and validates project documentation to assist Centene's business units to determine project viability and prioritization within the portfolio. May also work on the financial reporting aspect of the portfolio intake process.
• Educates and consults with internal stakeholders to support the appropriate submission of all business case materials for Project Development Life Cycle (PDLC) approval.
• Ensures project intake process adheres to guidelines outlined in the PDLC framework for project approval.
• Supports project managers in assessing and determining whether internal/external ITG resources are available during project intake and interacts with vendors regarding their resource planning for projects in overall portfolio.
• Compiles metrics and reports relating to IT project success, project attributes, and individual productivity and adherence to defined PDLC processes.
• Tracks performance, service levels, budget impacts and other metrics required to ensure project goals and objectives are met.
• Administers and maintains project management software and tools (e.g., Planview).
• Monitors and reports on projects in the portfolio.
• Produces portfolio demand labor estimates and communicate requirements to vendor partners. May also report on the actualization of labor costs in portfolio updates.
• Develops budget estimates for application development project portfolio.
• Organizes and publishes project-related documentation in a variety of sources.
• Analyzes impact of changes on the portfolio and presents information to internal stakeholders. May include financial analysis to those changes.
• Participates in annual project portfolio planning with IT and business unit stakeholders.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field. Minimum three to five years of project management or portfolio management experience. Health Care Industry experience preferred.
TITLE: IT Portfolio Manager
LOCATION: Clayton, Missouri
COMPANY: Information Technology
POSITION TYPE: General