Aon Corporation Health and Benefits Consultant I in Clayton, Missouri
Aon is looking for a Health & Benefits Consultant I
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Health, in the St Louis or Kansas City, MO offices.
*Your Impact As A Health & Benefits Consultant *
- Manage defined projects as directed by lead consultant
- Perform financial oversight of projects or sub-projects where they have responsibility
- Perform client team project management and manage/track budget of specific project(s)
- Draft RFPs and other deliverables for lead consultant review
- Review proposal responses for reasonableness, accuracy, and meeting client requirements
- Assist with carrier negotiations (i.e., lead negotiations for smaller plans and assist in large plan negotiations)
- Conduct plan performance/administration analysis
- Review contract benefits and rates
- Perform final accuracy review of plan information (rates/benefits) before being sent to client or HRO
- Perform vendor management, including carrier follow-up, problem resolution, negotiations, etc., while acting as primary vendor contact
- Assist with contract and performance guarantee negotiation and implementation
- Oversee the preparation of client documents, including preparation of initial results report based on RFP responses for the client
- Perform data analysis and basic financial analysis
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Required Experience: *
- 3 years plus insurance company and/or Consulting experience in the Health and Benefits discipline with an emphasis on health benefits or project management oriented work experience preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of Access preferred
- Must have strong multi-tasking ability and exceptional communication skills
- Strong analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Detail orientation
- Organization skills
- Experience using online tools and resources
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.* *
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.* *
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2448377
Location: United States, MO, Clayton