Oracle Site Reliability Engineer (JoinOCI-SDE) in Chesterfield, Missouri
Solve complex problems related to infrastructure cloud services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Design, write, and deploy software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Oracle products and services. Design and develop designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems. Facilitate service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
Work with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team on the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas. Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production services. Responsible for the design and delivery of the mission critical stack, with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance. Authority for end-to-end performance and operability. Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture. Articulate technical characteristics of services and technology areas and guide Development Teams to engineer and add premier capabilities to the Oracle Cloud service portfolio. Understand and communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes, and requirements of the service and technology stack. Demonstrate clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles. Act as ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Utilize a deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations. Understand and explain the affect of product architecture decisions on distributed systems. Professional curiosity and a desire to a develop deep understanding of services and technologies.
A BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent. Identifies solutions to knowledge of server hardware and software configuration, networking, standard internet services, scripting languages, cloud computing patterns, technology security and compliance. Experience running large scale customer facing web services. Identifies solutions to understanding of load balancing technologies and experience with development in programming languages, databases and big data stores, and container technologies. Work involves defining and documenting technical architecture of complex and highly scalable products. A minimum of 5 years experience of running large scale customer facing web services.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing world-class team to engineer cutting edge Oracle Cloud technologies and infrastructure that make up the Oracle Cloud solutions. As part of the SRE team, you will be continually challenged and have an opportunity to contribute to the Oracle Cloud Object Storage success every day. As a Site Reliability Engineer for you will solve interesting technical challenges by defining, designing, deploying and troubleshooting for the Object Storage system as part of the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure group. The Object Storage system is a highly durable, and available regional service. SRE’s play a critical role in ensuring the service is reliable, scalable, resilient, secure, and performant.
You will work on code and automation to create new systems for scaling deployment and mission-critical operations of our product which is deployed in multiple datacenters world wide. The role is a mix of systems engineering, automation engineering, network operations, and data engineering. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
In addition, one will:
• Resiliency engineering.
• SPOF elimination, anti-fragile systems.
• Incident response, On-call management. Being on-call.
• Capacity planning, performance and efficiency
• Monitoring and metrics. Collecting data to drive and make decisions to achieve our business KPIs
• Deployment and change management to multiple applications and datacenters world wide
• New Product Introduction and Removal
• Region bootstrap, build, and test automation
• Software development proficiency to create systems, automation, and debug production / mission critical systems.
• Willingness to participate in a 24/7 on-call schedule with customer notifications and escalations.
• Proficiency in Java, Python, Linux
• Networking and TCP/IP fundamentals
• Real-world production architectures, scalability, and system design. Cloud computing design patterns
• Linux systems knowledge, including strong system administration skills
• Methodical approach to troubleshoot, large, complex, interconnected systems.
• Change management, continuous integration and deployment best practices
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Most importantly, the aptitude to be a good team player and the willingness to learn
/As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended./
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: *Product Development
Title: Site Reliability Engineer (JoinOCI-SDE)
Location: CA,California-Santa Clara
Requisition ID: 200013HJ
Other Locations: United States