Progress Rail Services Corp. Analyst, Statistical in Belton, Missouri
Belton, MO Distribution Center - 453
Responsible for analyzing distribution center processes. Additional responsibilities include preparing information for reports or studies utilized in determining and maintaining department metrics. Work involves accuracy and the ability to make independent decisions within the limits of our processes. Significant independent judgment is used, but some direct guidance received from supervisor. Support one of the major areas of distribution (Inbound, inventory, outbound, core, etc)
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow us @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Education / Training:
• B.A./B.S. degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience.
Key Job Elements:
• Work with Planners or Suppliers as needed to resolve issues such as OS&D, record accuracy, or shipping discrepancies;
• Monitor, evaluate, & review standard work with department Supervisor;
• Analyze major metrics (open tags, inventory accuracy, shipping accuracy, etc.) monthly, looking for positive and/or negative trends;
• Work to ensure teamwork between departments;
• Respond quickly to changing operations and customer needs;
• Demonstrate leadership while initiating & integrating cross-functional teamwork;
• Provide fact based, accurate analysis, and recommendations to support all processes for the department;
• Actively promote safe practices in all aspects of daily functions;
• Perform all duties in accordance to Our Values in Action, Caterpillar's Code of Conduct;
• Support department Supervisor in their required tasks and be able to work in their stead during any time which the Supervisor is unavailable.
Qualifications and Experience:
• 2 – 4 years of supply chain experience;
• Analytical ability where problems are complex;
• SAP experience preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
• Interpersonal skills to work effectively with others;
• Well-developed oral and written communications skills;
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
• Product knowledge of locomotives and their components;
• Understanding of Supply Chain principles and Distributed Requirements Planning (DRP).
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..