Turner Construction Company IS HQ Systems Engineer in Ballwin, Missouri
Position is remote
Position Description: Manage the day-to-day operations of Turner Data Centers and BU IS operational environment including servers and backups.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Install, test and maintain server operating systems (Windows and Linux platforms) and hardware
· Manage the data-to-day operations of Turner Data Centers and Business Unit Operational Environment, including servers and backups, and coordinating hardware issues with vendors and Data Center remote hands.
· Manage storage utilization and growth on both shared storage and local disk, on both clustered and standalone servers. Manage Storage Area Networks
· Design and implement cloud native infrastructure on Microsoft Azure. Help guide application teams on best practices and optimal architecture.
· Maintain Virtualization infrastructure (Microsoft Hyper-V and VMWare). Responsible for resource monitoring and proactive mitigation issues. Assess and implement future technology evolutions in hybrid cloud design.
· Maintain systems in accordance with established policy and procedure, ensuring adherence to standards of operations. Collect, analyze, and report data used to forecast capacity planning needs.
· Provide ongoing support for the following:
o Microsoft Active Directory/Azure Active Directory
o EMC Backup Systems
o Enterprise Antivirus
o System monitoring tools
o MS Exchange Online
o Microsoft Intune
o Microsoft SQL Server and other relational DBMS
· Ensure up-to-date documentation of the infrastructure is maintained and recorded accurately.
· Ensure that service level agreements are maintained at or above defined metrics.
· Implement continuous Improvement utilizing lean principles to enhance existing systems and processes.