MasterCard Manager, Software Engineering (Azure Cloud) in Arlington, Virginia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Software Engineering (Azure Cloud)
In this position, you will be responsible for developing a new all-cloud IT Systems for Business to Business Payments. You will analyze and design the cloud application, and contribute to the implementation of all application software. Key task will include:
• Design, develop and implement application enhancements
B2B is a strategic growth area for Mastercard and this role will offer broad exposure and high visibility across the organization.
Ideal candidates will answer yes to all of the following questions:
• Are you experienced in building software in Azure to scale horizontally and vertically using the “12 Factors”?
• Have you developed extensive automated unit, module, and acceptance tests using nUnit?
• Have you worked in an agile development team?
• Can you configure secure role-based and credential-based security in Azure Active Directory?
• Do you know how to integrate with the Azure features using secure coding practices?
• Are you passionate about exploring industry standards and critically evaluating their strengths and weaknesses?
• Do you have experience interpreting code metrics generated during a continuous-integration process and hold teams accountable to maintaining acceptable metrics?
• Are you passionate about building technology to deliver quality solutions providing a superior customer experience?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Facilitate the formulation of solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and fast time to market
• Responsible for the correct design, interaction, and operation of the application code, test code, and deployment pipeline
• Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value, identify risks, benefits and constraints
• Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional area of expertise or assigned scope
• Develop architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps
• Participate in architectural decisions and product roadmaps
• Create pictorial and written solution descriptions and solution architectures
• Partner with Program and Project Managers to create detailed cost and time estimates for implementing business solutions, define technical scope and requirements of the project and assist with managing scope during the lifecycle of the project
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, or like-type discipline or equivalent experience
• Proven track record for designing and delivering global, enterprise solutions with scale and resiliency
• Experience in Azure PaaS offerings and Azure infrastructure design (release pipelines, ARM templates, and directory architecture)
• Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure principals and Cloud Application Management
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate abstract concepts in verbal, written, and visual forms
• Ability to effectively collaborate in a geographically distributed environment across a large organization using multiple agile teams
• Functional understanding (or ability to learn very quickly) of Procure to Pay models, ERP systems, bank to bank payments etc.
• Broad domain experience in financial services, especially payments including knowledge of authorization, clearing and settlement processes
• Knowledge of EFT, ACH, card payments, and faster payments is a nice to have
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-72610